This Advertisement has already passed the Closing Date
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Cambodia is looking for a Cambodian national to fill in the position of DRR Technical Officer to work in coordinating capacity building and community based activities with Village, Commune, and other authorities in the Adaptive Resilient Initiative for Sustainable DRR Engagement (ARISE) project based in the Pursat province. This is initially an 8-month position (May to December 2023) with the potential for extension.
- Coordinate with Provincial, district, Commune and Village level Disaster Risk Reduction and Commune Investment Plan authorities and officials.
- Coordinate with ADRA and Government DRR/CIP members to develop community-based capacity building and awareness plans
- Coordinate Capacity building logistics, monitoring, training, follow-up, and coaching.
- Support local authorities in engagement of community members in analysis of DRR risks and mitigation methods and action plans.
- Support analysis, negotiations, and monitoring on project support of DRR mitigation actions including rural road strengthening, flood water management, Safe Hill development, etc.
- Record and track project information and indicators and coordinate with the project manager on scheduling and plans.
- Participate in coordination meetings with authorities at all levels as needed.
- Support other project initiatives based on location, community relationships and skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 7 years of work experience in Community Development and capacity building with experience coordinating with government authorities.
- Experience with Disaster Risk Reduction interventions and working in capacity building of local authorities preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in Khmer with basic functional skills in written and spoken English.
- Practical computer skills in E-mail, Word and Excel and report applications.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume and a cover letter stating clearly the position applied for and addressing the selection criteria and contact phone number to:
Mr. Leang Rithy, ADRA Cambodia, House 4, Street 554, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
Application through E-mail is accepted: email@example.com
Applications Deadline: 28 April, 2023 at 5.00 pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
ADRA Cambodia is an equal opportunity employer and hires based on merit.
ADRA Cambodia is a Smoke-Free Child Safe and
Zero tolerant to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Organization.
For more info about our program visit: www.adracambodia.org