This Advertisement has already passed the Closing Date
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Cambodia is recruiting Cambodian nationals to fill the positions of Gender Officer and Midwifery Officer based in Preah Vihear and Steung Treng provinces. The person will be based initially in the rural Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province and is expected to travel throughout the project area, by motorbike and bad roads and to stay overnight in the community as needed. This is a second posting.
TOGETHER is a multi-sectoral project which aims to increase the enjoyment of health-related rights for the most vulnerable children, adolescent girls and boys, and women and men in Cambodia, Kenya, the Philippines and Uganda., especially those with intersecting vulnerabilities in indigenous, remote or resettlement settings. The project empowers individuals and communities to advocate for better sexual and reproductive health services and policies, and educates and encourages young people to engage with their communities and their governments to make their voices heard. The project seeks to strengthen local health systems, working closely with local authorities and health facilities to improve health worker capacity and service coverage, particularly for adolescents and youth.
The Gender Officer will promote cooperation between each sector to improve gender equality. The person appointed will report to the TOGETHER project Assistant Project Manager for Gender & Learning and will receive training and technical support from ADRA Cambodia and ADRA Canada. Major responsibilities include:
- Co-leading gender analyses and related assessments
- Providing direct and ongoing technical support on implementation of project activities to ensure the gender equality strategy is fully integrated in the project
- Supporting project implementation identifying gender risks and mitigation measures
- Supporting the development of gender equality and policy and procedures
- Assessing capacity and conducting training on gender analysis, gender mainstreaming, gender responsive facilitation, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and male engagement
- Promoting gender transformative approaches and best practices including women’s empowerment, male engagement, GBV prevention and response, and SRHR
- Supporting Community Lead Monitoring, Evaluation and Analysis for Learning leading opportunities for advancing gender transformative agenda.
- Conducting field-based monitoring on gender equality results and compliance
- Assisting in drafting project mid-term, annual, survey and evaluation reports to capture gender equality results, risks, gaps and opportunities for strategy changes
- Identifying lessons learned for improved gender integration
- Contributing to project communications to ensure gender sensitivity and ethics
- Actively participating in sectoral groups and communities of practice.
The Gender Officer needs the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in community development focused on gender equality, women’s empowerment and advocacy related to sexual reproductive health rights, gender-based violence, nutrition and WASH required
- English proficiency both reading and writing required
- Computer proficiency (Internet, emails, Word, Spreadsheet, PowerPoint etc.) required
- BA degree in gender and development, development studies, sociology, social work, rural development or related Arts and Social Science fields
The Midwife Officer will promote cooperation between health center midwives and traditional birth attendants, with the active participation of commune councils, to improve reproductive, maternal and newborn health and nutrition. The person will report to the ADRA Health System Strengthening Specialist and will receive training and technical support from external Health System Strengthening Coordination Consultants. Major responsibilities include:
- Conducting gender responsive women-centered, safe and inclusive training to HC staff & Private providers in MOH Migrant Health Policy and Guidelines, Adolescent Friendly SRHR and SRHR Counseling Skills including GBV response, STI prevention and treatment.
- Training Commune Women’s and Children’s Council members in Organizing Counseling services that are adolescent-friendly, in-community, safe confidential and inclusive, addressing SGBV, SRHR and teenage pregnancies
- Training VHSG in respectful SRHR dignity services for adolescent girls and women and conducting Midwifery Network Meetings with special needs in Remote Areas
- Conducting training on inclusive maternal and child nutrition counselling, tailored to adolescent girls, young mothers and mothers with special needs
- Conducting campaigns on international midwife day and world breastfeeding week
- Leading volunteers and community members to participate in village campaigns
The Midwife Officer needs the following Qualifications & Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in rural health settings and community facilitation as Midwifery Officer
- Clinical experience in health centers and community outreach.
- Experience of working with adolescents.
- Knowledge about SRHR, Sexual GBV and elements of early childhood development
- Midwife registered with/meeting registration criteria Cambodian Midwives Council
- Computer skills in Word and Excel
- Experience of providing SRHR/SGBV services will be an advantage.
- English language skills (spoken and written) will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume and a cover letter stating clearly the position applied for and addressing the selection criteria and contact phone number to:
Mr. Leang Rithy, ADRA Cambodia, House 4, Street 554, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
Application through E-mail is accepted: email@example.com
Applications Deadline: 28 October, 2022 at 5.00 pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
ADRA Cambodia is an equal opportunity employer and hires based on merit.
ADRA Cambodia is a Smoke-Free Child Safe and
Zero tolerant to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Organization.
For more info about our program visit: www.adracambodia.org