REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consultant or Consultancy Team for a Project Midterm Evaluation)
This Advertisement has already passed the Closing Date
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Cambodia is implementing the Sustainable PRODUCE to MARKET VALUE CHAIN ENHANCEMENT PROJECT (Pro-Market) (2019 to 2023) in multiple Districts of the Pursat Province with funding from the New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, ADRA New Zealand and ADRA Australia. The project focuses on building the capacity of Agricultural Cooperatives, associations and/or informal Producer Groups (PGs) to be increasingly valued and trusted by value chain actors and their members to negotiate collective marketing opportunities, and improve technology and supply inputs for their members.
ADRA is seeking a Consultant/Team to carry out a Project Midterm Evaluation beginning by November 15th 2021. Consulting Services will include, but are not limited to the following tasks. A full TOR is accessible through the link here: https://adracambodia.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/ADRA-MT-ToR-ProMarket-Project-09092021-final.pdf
- Review project proposal, Value Chain Assessment, Producer Group Baseline Assessment study, the results of the baseline and annual quantitative survey conducted by the local project survey team, and other reports and,
- Develop a Detailed Evaluation Plan and Schedule with the ProMarket field team.
- Communicate with the iDE/iDesign MT Producer Group Assessment and define communication and debriefing plans for integration of the ongoing PG Assessment into the MT Evaluation plans and results documentation.
- Conduct in-depth interviews (in person/online/phone call) with key informants from staff, community implementation partners, and government stakeholders to collect data for analysis
- Conduct focus group interviews or KII (by online/phone call) with both female and male beneficiaries.
- Other small group for to gather data and qualitative feedback from stakeholders
- Analyze data from the information sources and facilitate discussions with project staff and higher level stakeholders on the initial results and potential recommendations.
- Specific emphasis during analysis should review the project gender Evaluation and implementation of gender sensitive interventions over the life of the project especially in family decision making and behavior changes.
- Prepare draft and final reports documenting the results and analysis through a participatory sharing process.
- Guiding Topics of study for the assessment of activities and results include:
a. Relevance b. Effectiveness c. Efficiency d. Overall Development Policy Effects
Qualification and Experience required
The project Midterm Evaluation Consultant/Team should come with the following skills and experience in Cambodia:
- High quality reading, writing, and spoken communication skills in both Khmer and English.
- At least 10 years of work in implementation/evaluation of community based rural development projects in the Agriculture/Value Chain, rural economic development, or other relevant sectors.
- Have quality, verifiable, experience in conducting qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting for community development programs.
- Be aware of and have access to major government strategies and trends in the relevant intervention areas.
- Ability to quickly analyze project proposals, reports, and field documents and formulate detailed plans along with the ability to function independently without major oversight or direction after initial objectives are established.
- Have interpersonal participatory communication and facilitation skills that are effective in gathering balanced, useful, quality information from both project staff, implementation partners and community beneficiaries including government partners.
All Expressions of Interest and Experience Statement (STEP #1) (See 2-STEP process in the Full TOR) should be sent to [email protected] or submitted in person to the ADRA Cambodia office or same email by 5:00 PM, September 21, 2021. (C/O) Mr. Leang Rithy, ADRA Cambodia, House 4, Street 554,
Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
For further information call p. 023 880 693 m. 012 265 870, 097 590 255 1
ADRA is a Smoke-Free Child Safe Organization.