REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Individual Consultant for a Project Final Evaluation)
This Advertisement has already passed the Closing Date
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Cambodia has implemented Baray-Santuk Nutrition for U2 and Mothers 2 (BSNUM 2) project in 30 rural villages of the Baray Santuk district, Kompong Thom Province with funding from Canadian Food Grains Bank (CFGB), ADRA Canada, Kindercare Learning Centres, ADRA New Zealand, the Government of Czech Republic, ADRA Czech Republic, and ADRA International. The project focuses on improvements in Maternal and Child Nutrition and includes clean water and livelihoods promotion components in addition to community driven health behavior change and nutritional rehabilitation interventions.
ADRA is seeking a Consultant to carry out a Project Final Evaluation from the mid of December 2022 to early in January 2023. Consulting Services will include, but are not limited to the following tasks. A full TOR can be accessible through the link here: Final Evaluation Consultancy TOR
- Review project proposals, reports, the results of the quantitative survey include Baseline, mid-term and Endline conducted by the local project survey team, and develop a detailed Evaluation plan.
- Review the project qualitative summary of participatory evaluation results conducted through out project life for qualitative verification and further in-depth study.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with key informants from staff, community implementation partners, and government stakeholders to collect data for analysis
- Conduct focus group interviews or KII with both female and male beneficiaries.
- Analyze data from both qualitative and quantitative sources and facilitate discussions with project staff and higher-level stakeholders on the initial results and potential recommendations.
- Specific emphasis during analysis should review the project gender Evaluation and implementation of gender sensitive interventions over the life of the project especially in family decision making and behavior changes.
Qualification and Experience required
The project Final of Project Evaluation Consultant (team of up to 2 persons) should come with the following skills and experience in Cambodia:
- At least 8 years of work in technical leading or implementation of community based rural development projects in the Health (particularly child nutrition), WASH, and Gender Empowerment sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in project evaluation, research and case studies
- Have quality, verifiable, experience in conducting qualitative data collection and analysis for community development programs with an independent perspective.
- Demonstrated understanding of government key strategies and trends in the relevant intervention areas (MCH/Nutrition, etc.).
- Ability to quickly analyze project proposals, reports, data and field documents and formulate detailed plans along with the ability to function independently without major oversight or direction after initial objectives are established.
- Have interpersonal participatory communication and facilitation skills that are effective in gathering balanced, useful, quality information from both project staff, implementation partners and community beneficiaries including government partners.
- Be efficient and clear in preparing reports (in English) and have his or her own laptop computer for use in the evaluation and write-up.
- Fluent reading, writing, speaking skills in both Khmer and English.
All Expressions of Interest should be sent to: [email protected] and the subsequent Consultancy Bid Submissions will be emailed or submitted in person to the ADRA office or same email by 4:00 PM on October 28, 2022. Mr. Leang Rithy, ADRA Cambodia, House 4, Street 554, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
For further information call p. 023 880 693 m. 012 265 870
ADRA is a Smoke-Free Child Safe Organization.