REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Individual Consultant for a Project Midterm Evaluation)
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Cambodia is implementing Sustainable Best Community Household Opportunities through Improved Community Empowered Solutions (Best CHOICES) project in 50 rural villages of the Bakan district, Pursat province with funding from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Australia and ADRA Australia. The project works with government offices to provide counsel on safe migration to migrant families, seeks to improve HH and Community Health seeking behaviours for parents and caregivers in nutrition awareness and rehabilitation, Non-Communicable Disease lifestyle health action training for at risk caregivers, Hygiene and WASH inputs, and to increase livelihood income skills, opportunities, and stability for poor and vulnerable households in Bakan district.
ADRA is seeking a Consultant to carry out a Project Midterm Evaluation beginning by May 15, 2022. Consulting Services will include, but are not limited to the following tasks. A full TOR can be accessible through the link here: https://adracambodia.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Best-CHOICES-MT-Evaluation-TOR_final.pdf
- Review project proposal, reports and the baseline and midterm quantitative survey conducted in December 2019 and January 2022 by the local project survey team and the results of baseline and annual participatory evaluations (PEs) conducted by local facilitators guided by the project team, and develop a detailed Evaluation plan/inception report.
- Review the initial quantitative and qualitative results of the midterm survey and PE for qualitative verification and further in-depth study.
- Design in-depth interview tools and conduct in-depth interviews with key informants from staff, community implementation partners, and government stakeholders to collect data for analysis
- Design and conduct focus group interviews or KII with both female and male beneficiaries.
- Analyze information and data from and facilitate discussions with project staff and higher level stakeholders on the initial results and potential recommendations.
- Review the baseline/midterm survey tool and methodology and make recommendations on additions or deletions that would be more effective in evaluating the achievements of the project during the final survey and evaluation of the project.
- Write report, facilitate review and finalize evaluation report
Qualification and Experience required
The project Midterm Evaluation Consultant should come with the following skills and experience in Cambodia:
- Khmer and English skills, or Khmer translator for field work required.
- At least 5 years of work in implementation of community based rural development projects in migration, health, and or Livelihood sectors.
- Have quality, verifiable, experience in conducting qualitative data collection and analysis for community development programs.
- Be aware of and have access to major government strategies and trends in the relevant intervention areas.
- Ability to quickly analyze project proposals, reports, and field documents and formulate detailed plans along with the ability to function independently without major oversight or direction after initial objectives are established.
- Have interpersonal participatory communication and facilitation skills that are effective in gathering balanced, useful, quality information from both project staff, implementation partners and community beneficiaries including government partners.
- Be efficient and clear in preparing reports in English (hiring own editor if needed) and have own laptop computer for use in the evaluation and write-up.
All Expressions of Interest should be sent to: [email protected] and the subsequent Consultancy Bid Submissions will be emailed or submitted in person to the ADRA office or same email by 5:00 PM on May 18, 2022. Mr. Leang Rithy, ADRA Cambodia, House 4, Street 554, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
For further information call p. 023 880 693 m. 012 265 870
ADRA is a Smoke-Free Child Safe Organization.